Flowserve Corporation Buyer in Woodbridge, Canada
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The buyer is a pivotal role within Woodbridge PMC. The facility provides our customer base the highest quality, on-time service for pump repairs. The buyer ensures that production materials and parts are available to meet production schedules. This includes the procurement of raw materials, shop buyouts, manufacturing supplies and capital equipment necessary to support the operation. The buyer actively negotiates purchase agreements, monitors delivery schedules, handles returns and establishes vendor relationships. In addition to this, the buyer serves as a functional lead for driving cost saving initiatives at the site.
· Purchase finished goods and raw materials, such as machined parts, castings, forgings, bar metals and MRO supplies.
· Make sourcing decisions that demonstrate a solid understanding of commercial terms, price quotes, discounts,schedules, etc.
· Negotiate terms with vendors that are in line with corporate requirements, considering lead times, operational capacity, delivery terms and payment terms.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the vendors and the company so as to establish win-win agreements and relationships.
· Assist in resolving billing,delivery and return issues with suppliers
· Resolve problems with the proper level of initiative, collaboration and perspective to satisfy requests while following company operating procedures.
· Find alternate options for supplying unavailable products and services.
· Communicate status and issues regularly with operational leadership and staff at the site.
· Demonstrate proficiency with company products, procedures and operating systems. Work with the ERP/MRP system and as needed. Sales and engineering information systems.
· Obtain basic parts information from Bill of Material and blueprints.
· Work to meet financial objectives by monitoring and reporting on costs, investigating variances and recommending new approaches to reduce costs
· Reach annual cost savings metrics.
· Regularly evaluate suppliers for quality, delivery, commercial and technical performance.
· Create and maintain accurate,organized records.
· Assist the site in the completion of annual physical inventory.
· Understand and comply with legal requirements (ex. SOX, Export Compliance, Terms and Conditions,ISO, etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business or related field is preferred.
3+ years relevant experience in a fast paced manufacturing or job shop environment is required
Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems (such as Oracle)
Knowledge of Import/Export Compliance
Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
Professional, clear, articulate speaking skills on the phone and in person.
Good writing skills and detail oriented
Must project a collaborative, result-oriented approach to completing day to day tasks.
Must be able to resolve conflict and deal diplomatically with vendors, managers and customers
Possess the ability to project a positive attitude in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Ability to stay calm in the face of deadlines and multiple demands.
Possess good organizational skills, be able to establish priorities and work with minimal supervision.
Some travel and overtime may be required.
Experience in the Nuclear Industry and Z299 a plus
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: