Flowserve Corporation Project Manager in Bengaluru, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Provide project leadership that encourages team enthusiasm and innovation
· Apply/Communicate project management standards and best practices
· Ensure compliance of project execution with Flowserve policies regarding execution of R&D projects, including, but not limited to:
o Ensuring the completeness of a business case justifying each project, and a project charter to define the scope and ensuring a high quality of requirements definition
o Ensuring that Gate Reviews are conducted according to the standard expectations for completion by phase
o Ensuring that individual project budgets reconcile with the overall approved budget and forecasted R&D spend
o Identifying risks and opportunities within the project environment and using integrated change management to manage / control the outcomes to the benefit of the project and Flowserve
· Identify, seek approval for, and coordinate the assignment of internal and external Flowserve resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve project & IoT pilot objectives
· For assigned projects & customer pilots, act through the project core team to define, manage and control:
o Project scope
o Project documentation & lessons learned
· Provide strategic direction to project teams as well as tactically manage the day to day project/pilot execution and communications
· Collaborate with functional managers in the supervision of project personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions
· Ensure that assigned Flowserve R&D projects & customer pilot engagements are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines
· Advise leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the status and issues of assigned projects & pilots
· Work within an enthusiastic team to further refine Flowserve project management philosophies, capabilities, processes and tools
· Provide AMSS PMO Planview support for projects & portfolios
· Help in training AMSS Project managers and team members regarding usage of Planview
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Management or equivalent is required
· Minimum 7 years of work experience in Project or Program Management; Project Administration; Relationship Management, or similar
· A Master’s degree/MBA with lower number of years of work experience will be given due consideration
· Strong Project Management acumen, including a good understanding of the principles and framework of successful project/portfolio management
· Experience with Corporate and/or Client relationship is preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES
· Certifications: PMP® required
· Knowledge and experience of using Planview Enterprise® is preferred
· Strong customer service ethics; and ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong relationship building skills.
· Team player, who is also highly self-motivated.
· Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
· Excellent estimating, scheduling & budget management skills
· Ability to independently identify and resolve project issues
· Proven experience in influencing and leading
· Proven experience in risk management
· Proven experience in change management
· Proven experience in contract management preferred
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as necessary to perform project management duties
· Flexibility to work overtime and/or over weekends
This position will work in the Flowserve 2.0 Transformation Office, and specifically within the PASS (Portfolio Alliance Support Services) function.
The M&T AMSS Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing assigned M&T projects & IoT/eCDPM & CDPM customer engagements consistent with the strategy of the Flowserve Transformation Office and AMSS PMO, and within the resource capability of the company.
The M&T AMSS Project Manager will proactively plan, direct, control and ensure the successful outcome of M&T projects/pilots utilizing the assigned project teams, as well as standards, best practices, and toolsets established within Flowserve. The position will support Predictive Analytics customer pilots and Conditioning Monitoring engagements in the APAC region.
The position shall support the efforts of identifying, developing, evaluating, and improving project management methods and processes that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice, while maintaining compliance with Flowserve policies regarding the execution, oversight and governance of M&T projects.
Nature and Scope:
· Oversee and execute 5 to 10 projects at a time, as assigned by the Management of the M&T AMSS PMO
· Manage APAC Predictive analytics/eCDPM & CDPM customer engagements
· Manage 5 to 10 matrix reports (per project)
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: