Flowserve Corporation Engineer in Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Responsible for programming all machining centres and turning centres – writing new, updating and maintaining existing programs - in line with engineering change notes.
· Assist and, where necessary, set machines to prove out programmes to obtain first off components – hands on role.
· Support day to day production by planning priorities through the machining centres– hands on role.
· Implement any new products into full production.
· Assist with training and commissioning of any new or transferred machining equipment.
· Assist training other team members to support programming activities and increase staff flexibility.
· Write new equipment specifications ie tooling/fixturing including sourcing, supplier evaluation, selection and recommendations.
· Identify cost reduction opportunities within the tooling and production engineering function.
· Assist the Maintenance department with resetting machines and machine controls after breakdowns.
· Support DLog upgrade to ensure that good standards of housekeeping are consistently achieved and equipment and facilities maintained and secured.
· To organise, develop and motivate team members so as to achieve an effective operation and cost control within budget and to maximise production and meet on-time delivery targets.
· To maintain good standards of personal discipline and working practice, ensuring individual adheres to Company policy and rules.
· To embrace and drive a culture of continuous improvement within the production engineering and machine shop organisation.
· Work closely with Planning to ensure OTD through the shop is met and exceeded
· Liaise with engineering to resolve manufacturing variances which occur due to material availability
· Support engineering with routing changes and technical queries
· Work closely with the manufacturing team to ensure day to day staffing issues are resolved to meet demand feedback to manage any road blocks requiring attention.
When required operate machinery to enable the business to meet customer targets
· Experience within a manufacturing environment with a demonstrable track record of continuous improvement.
· Good standard of education and programming /industrial engineering experience gained within a manufacturing environment.
· IT literate including use of Microsoft Word /Excel/AutoCad, DLOG and Edgecam systems.
To effectively conduct the production engineering function to ensure that production and on-time delivery targets are met and that company procedures and rules are maintained and adhered to.
This role will report directly to the Quality Manager and works closely with the other Team Leaders and manufacturing staff within the plant.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Burgess Hill, GB
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: