Flowserve Corporation Field Service Technician in Gateshead,
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Visit mainland, overseas and offshore customer sites to deliver installation, corrective maintenance, trouble shooting and general service related tasks on OEM equipment, in line with Flowserve established processes.
· Installation and commissioning of new, upgraded and repaired equipment.
· Installation and commission of complex pumping packages.
· Perform on-site repairs to single stage and multi stage pumps.
· Adhere to all routine maintenance of equipment, safety and housekeeping requirements.
· Comply with site and statutory health and safety requirements.
· Promotes a safe working environment and follow all applicable safety regulations.
· Perform task based risk assessment for the work in hand.
· Perform work ensuring required quality and delivery to meet Flowserve and customer expectations.
· Proactively identify and attend training to develop personal knowledge and skills.
· Ensure ethical behaviour in line with Flowserve’s code of conduct.
· Provide comprehensive, written, daily activity reports.
· Submit timesheets and expenses in a timely manner.
· Obtain feedback from customer and provide information and recommendations for the improvement of their operation.
· Provide feedback and capture details of the installed equipment that would assist Flowserve to identify future business opportunities.
· Mentor and supervise less experienced team members to meet the needs of the company and its customers
· No direct budgetary responsibilities.
· Able to work in a team environment and maintain good focus on meeting customer expectations.
· Self-motivated, customer focused with good communication skills.
· Good spoken and written English.
· Be prepared for regular travel, overnight stays away from home and possible offshore working
· Be prepared to work in a local Flowserve facility, as work demands.
· Qualified as a mechanical engineering apprentice, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience on large complex pumping contracts. Ability to manage alignment pumping packages, hold good levels in mechanical and fitting skills
· Have a sound knowledge of all pumping equipment, gearboxes, valves along with mechanical seals and the ability to read and understand piping systems.
· Experience in the installation and servicing of large pumping and ancillary equipment.
· Experience working in offshore environments.
· Experience working within oil, gas and petrochemical environments
· Be capable of working on your own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
· You must hold a current driving license, be prepared to travel at short notice, work hours outside of your contracted hours when the need arises and be prepared to work away from your home base for periods of time.
· Lifting and slinging qualification
· Good English oral and written language and interpersonal skills are required as the job entails report writing and dialogue with customers and service administration.
· Have excellent knowledge of pumps, and mechanical seals.
· Have demonstrable experience in the use of laser alignment equipment.
· Have a good knowledge of requisite health and safety requirements and be capable of working within clients ‘permit to work’ systems.
· A knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and related software packages are essential.
· UK BOSIET, MIST and other associated training certification and valid UK/Norwegian offshore medical and knowledge of Flowserve product range are both desirable.
The Service Engineer performs field servicing, site repairs and maintenance activities on a wide range of pumping equipment. The work entails, but is not limited to, removal, inspection, refurbishment, rebuild, installation, commission, general servicing, on-site repair, troubleshooting and the completion of applicable reports in an electronic format suitable for submittal to internal and external customers. The work is normally carried out on customer premises that will include, but not be limited to, factory sites, chemical facilities, pumping stations, refineries, oil rigs and other plant installations.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Field Service Technician
Primary Posting Location:
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, GB
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: