Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
We are looking for a Applications Engineer to join the Oil and Gas Team.
The postholder will be working closely with other members of the Oil and Gas Team to support the sales of the Oil & Gas products in the UK & Global markets. The position is based in Haywards Heath and reports to the Commercial Operation Manager
Job Objectives (in a mainly export environment)
The successful and expedient handling of customer sales enquiries/orders/projects on a “cradle to grave” basis. This includes:
Enquiry handling – Technical and commercial interpretation, costing/pricing, quotation generation
Order handling – Order interpretation, entry to computer system, commercial and technical documentation, inter departmental/supplier liaison, expediting, dealing with visiting inspectors, shipping and invoicing department support
To build working relationships with the relevant external sales personnel, agents and associate companies
To be a technical and commercial point of contact for customers, agents and associate companies on all relevant product enquiries.
To work with customers to solve application problems and propose suitable technical solutions.
· Degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical / Chemical / Industrial Engineering
· Sufficient engineering exposure to understand basic engineering processes, materials and typical manufacturing processes
· Able to prioritize a heavy and variable workload
· Flexible individual with a positive and proactive responsive approach
· Computer literate, with emphasis on Excel and Word; Outlook and SAP Preferred
Ideally you will have:
· Proven technical sales experience
· Project handling experience
· Understanding of export terms and procedures etc.
· End user exposure
· Experience in the Oil and Gas industry
· Fluency in English language is essential, knowledge of second language would be a bonus
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
As outlined under position requirements
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Haywards Heath, GB
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: