Flowserve Corporation Field Service Technician-Electronic/Mechanical in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Field Service Technician is the site liaison with the customer. This role will perform troubleshooting and repair and travel to customer sites to repair equipment, provide startup assistance, installation of new equipment, and customer training, as required. FST will tear down and repair pumps, when not traveling. This position impacts very heavily on future sales for Flowserve since prompt, efficient service is one of the most effective sales tools.
The Field Service Technician duties include, but not limited to:
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment at customer site
• Troubleshoot fieldbus network problems, safety circuits, and sequence
• Analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
• Convert between standard and metric dimensions and values
• Pump and system start-up assistance
• Recognize manufacturing and/or engineer errors and be able to make recommendations for corrections and improvements. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Coordinate and oversee site installations of new equipment (component assembly, installation, alignment, leveling)
• Interpret machine and system layout drawings to include electrical schematics, P&ID’s and wiring diagrams
• Start-up and commission new SIHI equipment at site
• Assist in other areas as required.
• Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• 1-2 months of electrical wiring experience.
• Understand the requirements and safety aspects related to high voltage feeds and distribution.
• Familiar with Canbus, Modbus, Profibus and simple I/O communications
• Operate hand power tools and measurement tools.
• Able to travel 50-60% of the time once training period is completed.
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
• 1-2 years’ mechanical experience or knowledge.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Field Service Technician-Electronic/Mechanical
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Pasadena, Texas US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: