Flowserve Corporation Supervisor, Planning in Raleigh, North Carolina
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Flowserve facility in Raleigh, NC is responsible for the manufacturing of a wide range of valves (Gate, Globe, Check, Butterfly, Ball Valves) for a variety of industries, including nuclear and oil/gas industries. This facility has 175K sq ft of manufacturing and inventory space.
Primary responsibilities of the Planning Supervisor will include but not be limited to the following:
· Direct the activities of the planning team at the Raleigh,NC facility. Scope of supervisory responsibilities includes all Production Planning for the Edward, Anchor darling, and heritage brands requirements for valves and parts.
· Actively participate and shape a safety and 6S conscious culture that willingly and proactively adheres to all safe shop and office work practices and embraces 6S as part of the daily routine.
· Actively lead and participate in a culture that embraces and adheres to all quality and procedure requirements that is demanded of a nuclear supplier.
· Actively participate in the S&OP process on a monthly and quarterly basis. Ensure Production Planning manages an accurate planned backlog of all hardware and non-inventory items at all times which accounts for all constraining factors and can be used to accurately forecast customer order delivery expectations.
· Lead effective and positive teamwork to collaborate with all other cross functional support departments as required to maintain schedule adherence for planned shipments.
· Ensure timely release of work orders. Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure proper prioritization of needed routings to support timely release of work orders.
· Work closely as a team with Manufacturing to help set priorities and minimize capacity constraints.
· Support inventory management tasks, transactions and cycle and physical inventory counts as required.
· Support Commercial Operations to achieve timely quotation and bookings goals with accurate delivery estimates needed to secure MRO and Project opportunities for valves and parts. Actively seek cost and lead-time reductions through material substitution and sub-contracting opportunities.
Hire, train, and complete succession planning needed to sustain the business. Set clear expectations, train and hold personnel accountable as required to established
· CPIM Certification is a plus.
· Experience with international customers is preferred.
· Cross-functional knowledge of manufacturing processes is preferred.
· Familiarity with valves and/or engineered products for commercial/nuclear industry applications is a plus.
· BA/BS degree required with technical or sciences background.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of project or planning experience is required.
· Experience with MRP/ERP Business Systems, MS Excel and MS Project or similar project tracking software is preferred.
· Strong administration, communication, and facilitating skills required to interact with all facility personnel and customers via demonstrated proven experience.
· Ability to multi-task and work with little direction is required in order be able to demonstrate the high level of initiative that will be required to track, monitor and adhere to planned work schedules
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Raleigh, North Carolina US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: