Flowserve Corporation QRC Manager in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· 8+ years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in a supervisory role, in a manufacturing, machining, or repair environment, preferably related to the oil & gas, chemical, water, or power industries.
· A Bachelor’s degree is desired, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Coursework in business, accounting, or finance is valued.
· Solid product and process knowledge of rotating pumps and mechanical seals and their operation in industrial settings.
· Strong understanding of the process flow of jobs and documents through a shop.
· Experience with direct customer-facing roles and responsibilities.
· Financial acumen with and the ability to maintain, understand, and communicate operational and financial metrics, while using these metrics to drive performance.
· Solid business judgement based on knowledge, experience, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Hands-on experience with conventional or CNC machinery preferred.
· Competence in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint expected, with the ability to learn and successfully use business systems and new technology.
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with the ability to read and explain blueprints.
· Proven record creating a safety culture in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9000), Lean Manufacturing concepts, and continuous improvement initiatives and tools.
· Must have a collaborative style that encourages communication, removes obstacles, and promotes problem solving through relationships with others.
· A successful history of managing people, including hiring, coaching, development, and performance management.
· Experience in successful change and transformation activities, able to engage the workforce and generate process improvements.
A drive to serve the customer and meet schedules, and able to work more than the standard workweek to complete frequent emergency jobs.
The QRC Manager is directly responsible for site leadership and management of all operational aspects of Flowserve’s Quick Response Center (QRC) in Rancho Dominguez. The QRC is a maintenance, repair, and manufacturing facility for Flowserve’s rotating pumps and mechanical seals. The position will include the execution of product quality and Environmental, Health, and Safety programs; accountability for meeting forecasted production, efficiency, and manufacturing costs; customer satisfaction and on time delivery; and site capital expenditures.
· Understand and execute the Annual Operating Plan to result in sales and profitability growth at or above the agreed budget expectations.
· Maintain an effective operating routine to ensure that the QRC meets the customers’ needs and on-time delivery, achieves monthly and annual business metrics/plans, and is positioned for sustainability and growth.
· Focus on process excellence through flawless execution and continuous improvement to enable sales growth and to reduce cycle time and cost of quality.
· Optimize resource assets and footprint to result in cost reductions. Develop, advocate for, and implement capital spending/improvement plans for the facility and equipment.
· Have an enterprise mindset. Participate in strategic planning, and drive business philosophies, perspectives, imperatives, and leadership expectations to transform the Company and culture in alignment with Flowserve 2.0.
· Foster and reward a Safety First culture. Enforce uncompromising safety expectations by driving accountability for safety to each individual.
· Focus on talent excellence by attracting, motivating, developing, and retaining the talent required for industry-leading plant management. Manage supervisors who lead 25 employees in Pumps and Seals, and personally supervise a team of support professionals.
· Report to Regional Director regarding key metrics, production forecasts, actuals, and variances.
· Collaborate as needed with engineers, sales, and operations as they develop quotations, troubleshoot mechanical challenges, and work with customers.
· Stay up-to-date on market conditions, and the business and operational needs of our customers. Build relationships with customers, suppliers, and our sales team, moving from a product-driven to a service-driven approach.
· Assume the role of site leadership for Flowserve at Rancho Dominguez. Leading by influence, create a cohesive leadership team of all managers on site, and develop a high engagement culture.
Primary Posting Location:
Rancho Dominguez, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: