Flowserve Corporation Electrical/Motor Design - Electromechanical Engineer in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· BS in Electrical or Electro-Mechanical or Electronics related field with demonstrated knowledge and experience with most or all of the below requirements.
· The working/ demonstrated + theoretical understanding of the following are minimum requirements:
AC induction Motors, VFDS, Soft starts – regular types to submersible motors ( Such as Allen Bradley/Toshiba/ Motortronics type typical equipment)
Low to Medium ( up to 5 KV ) equipment scope and experience
Nema and NEC type motors /standards familiarity and working knowledge
Electrical Control Devices, PLCs and Relay Logic circuitry , comprehension and trouble shooting
Switch gears and supply source understanding
Electrical parameters measurements, measuring equipment, data acquisition and analysis of all types
Knowledge and any experience in Transformer types, characteristics, behavior, testing and application
IEEE/Local / International Test standards and practice- Knowledge / Understanding and if any practical Experience.
Theory/ Understanding/ and highly preferred practical knowledge or demonstrated experience in induction motor design/ winding/ calculations of motor characteristics such as losses, efficiency, power factor, winding technology, stator and rotor material /laminations /single and 3 phase winding / phases /measurement and handling.
Field system testing of inputs /outputs of typical Induction Motors/Generators/ VFDs / Soft starts/ logic circuits /controls and measurement / monitoring as one integrated system.
· Excellent organizational skills with close attention to details with safety protocols and principles
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for within Flowserve and outside customers/ field personnel
· Excellent computer skills- typical and any special related to Electrical Design and trouble hooting /analysis
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, team orientated, and Continuous Improvement environment and with the field personnel for effective problem solving and tasks executed in a timely manner.
Our Taneytown, MD Pump Manufacturing facility is over 150,000 square feet and provides capability for engineering, design, customer service, machining, assembly, and testing for a diverse product portfolio, which serves all markets (power, oil & gas, water resources, general industry, and chemical). The facility has expanded four times since opening in 1971 to accommodate revenue growth and product line developments. The staff of approximately 230 are provided a unique environment, where the entire project lifecycle is experienced all under the same roof.
· Will work as a senior Electrical Engineer and support product design and support that incorporated electrical components such as motors/ VFDs / Soft Starts/Controls/ Relays, electrical cable, wiring and all related instrumentation /measurements and monitoring.
· Guarantee the adequate performance of the electrical equipment in the field throughout the proper application and design engineering processes with motors, controls and related gear.
· Will ensure required support in interpretation of electrical data/ test results and all order related motor/ VFD/controls that Flowserve buys to be shipped along with the pumps.
· Will work with our internal customers on OEM (Unit) orders.
· Will act as a single point of contact to provide technical support to other team members, and other departments, on issues related to new equipment in a tight response timeframe.
· Will embrace and drive a CIP environment throughout Flowserve.
· Ensuring safety practices for all of the above tasks and accountabilities is the first and last duty of the engineer
· PE license is a plus
· General idea of Harmonized European standards/ CE / ATEX standards as applicable to electrical equipment is a plus
· Any training certifications regarding quality / testing and design of above electrical equipment would be highly honored
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Electrical/Motor Design - Electromechanical Engineer
Primary Posting Location:
Taneytown, Maryland US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: