Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Temecula, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Ten years of machining experience required. Proven record of ability to master conventional lathes, mills, and tool room equipment.
· Ability to read advanced blueprints to plan the sequence, type, and tolerances of operations.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Ability to do shop math, basic trigonometry helpful.
· Lifting or pushing of large, heavy objects (50+ lbs) will be occasionally required. Ability to pass standard near vision eye exam and work with corrective lenses if necessary. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must have full range of movement.
· Reliable, dependable work ethic with a personal commitment to quality workmanship.
· Flexible, with a calm temperament to prioritize work and re-direct as required on a daily basis.
· Must have communication skills that contribute to team analysis, problem-solving, and collaboration.
· Must be able to fully understand and communicate instructions, and clearly report information and explain problems.
· Exhibit a customer-service mindset at all times.
· Able to work unsupervised to complete projects on time.
Flowserve is seeking a reliable, quality-oriented machinist for our mechanical seals manufacturing center in Temecula, California. Responsible for finished machining of carbon, silicon carbide and tungsten carbide seal faces. Perform intricate machining steps on Aerospace and Nuclear products. Complete metal machining and rework of existing bellows manufacturing tooling. Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, and set up, operate, and maintain machines. Verify quality of finished work. Collaborate with engineers and machinists to evaluate needs, troubleshoot problems, and recommend solutions. First shift, M-F 7:30am – 4:00pm.
· Use advanced knowledge of manual machines, including mills, lathes, and grinders to machine parts from 300/400 series stainless steel, D2 tool steel, Alloy C-276, Inconel 718 and PEEK plastic. CNC machine knowledge helpful.
· Verify the dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts by using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, CMM, etc. Work to tolerances up to ± .0001.
· Collaborate with machine operators and quality assurance to conduct test runs to ensure that tooling meet specifications, and make adjustments as necessary.
· Maintain equipment in proper working condition.
· Make accurate basic machining math calculations.
· Uphold a high level of safety by wearing PPE. Adhere to safety, operating, and housekeeping protocols.
The ideal candidate will have these competencies:
Finding Solutions, Serving Customers, Collaborating with Others, and Operating Effectively
Primary Posting Location:
Temecula, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: